Head of Operations & Finance (m/f/d, 100%)
join the CV VC team and help us invest in founders building the next generation of tech startups. Come to work in a highly dynamic, self-motivated and innovative environment.
We are looking for a team player with a strong intrinsic motivation to be successful. You like to get to the bottom of things? You have others' backs? You love pulling the right strings in the background? And, you are enthusiastic about the world of startups, blockchain, and crypto? Then come and support our leadership team in their daily efforts to supercharge the next tech revolution. The direct reporting line to the CEO of the company is a strong motivation for you.
Ideally, you are able to start as soon as possible (negotiable).
You are an experienced Head of Operations with strong financial skills. You will organize and oversee the daily operations of our company to ensure our business is well coordinated and highly productive. You will manage our procedures and support our staff. You are responsible for a wide range of tasks and eager to understand many aspects of our company as quickly as possible. You are used to working and delivering in a fast-paced startup environment. The direct reporting line to the CEO of the company is a strong motivation for you.
Your main tasks will include:
- Develop, own and control business plans, budgets and financial models
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Coordinate with the CEO to define HR Strategy and implementationn
- Oversee employee productivity and help build a highly inclusive feedback culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Provide effective team and project management duties. This includes overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring cost and progress and ensuring staekholder needs are met
- Liaise with the leadership team to develop projects, presentations, reports, financial plans and make decisions for operational and strategic activities
- Work with decidated teams on special projects (Innobooster) and on regional expansion activities (Africa, Asia)
- Manage relationships and contractual agreements with external partners
- Coordinate IT and accounting with our external partners
- Make sure our company operates in compliance within any relevant regulatory framework
- University degree in business/finance/law or similar
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role in an appropriate field
- Excellent knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles. Such as finance, administration, stakeholder and employee management, and ideally with legal know-how
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- You are able to think clearly and analyse quantitatively
- You are a problem-solver who supports and adheres to scope of requirements. And, above all, you prioritise effectively.
- Advanced Digitial Tools and MS Office skills (esp. Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, ERP)
- International mindset and outstanding interpersonal skills
- High energy level, organised, proactive, result-oriented
- Fast learner and bold in execution
- Fluent in German and English (German is mandatory)
- Home-office possible, however, in this role it is crucial that you can connect with all team members on a regular basis at our HQ in Zug, Switzerland
A genuine interest in the fast-growing Blockchain and Crypto industry is more important than in-depth know-how and experience. Share the mindset - we'll teach you the rest!
About CV VC
CV VC is an early-stage venture capital investor with a focus on startups that build on blockchain technology. In addition to the venture capital investments, we operate our own incubator and ecosystem business under the CV Labs brand, consisting of co-working spaces, advisory and events.
CV VC is based in Zug, Switzerland, the leading global blockchain hub with the most advanced ecosystem and regulation. Startups, companies, academia, lawyers, programmers, and policymakers all share a common goal: to help blockchain technology and the many projects in the decentralized landscape achieve a breakthrough.
CV VC has has founded and driven the Crypto Valley ecosystem since 2016, including the Swiss Blockchain Federation.
Blockchain technology has the potential to significantly impact many industries, and we believe that the next, third wave of large tech companies will be driven by catalyst technologies like blockchain, alongside AI, machine learning, automation and IOT.
The current social and economic environment has led to a digitization push that will cause certain industries to grow disproportionately, we call this Technology for Tomorrow (T4T). We believe that the following six verticals show exponential growth and therefore offer the greatest opportunities from an investment perspective: Future of Work, Lifestyle & Health, Education & Science, Security & Identity, E-Commerce & Logistics and Finance & Investing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
rypto Valley’s next generation investment company