Commercial Counsel, Metaco
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Metaco is seeking to hire a talented and self-motivated commercial lawyer with at least three years of experience to join Metaco’s Legal Team. In this role, you will support the company’s sales, business development, and finance teams on commercial transactions across the SaaS, financial technology, blockchain, and cryptocurrency spaces. You will be an integral part of our growing and agile legal team. In addition to supporting the business’s commercial and sales pipeline, you will provide legal expertise on a wide range of general matters.
Who We Are
Based in Lausanne, METACO is the leading provider of security-critical software and infrastructure enabling financial institutions to prosper in the digital asset ecosystem. Trusted by top banks, exchanges and infrastructure providers globally, we strive to deliver best-in-class products and services that help our clients achieve customer and business success.
At METACO, we lay the foundations to transform the financial services industry by building the digital asset infrastructure that will revolutionize finance for generations to come.
What You Will Do
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Report to the General Counsel of Metaco
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Give accurate and timely counsel to the sales department
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties such as customers, suppliers, and partners
- Review, negotiate and draft on-premise software and SaaS contracts for our customers
- Review and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Maintain the contract database
- Assist the CISO on certifications and legal documentation in relation with security and compliance
- Provide any legal support to other departments.
- Manage and budget for external advisors engaged in such projects
- What We Are Looking For
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A Master degree in Law or lawyer degree with at least 3 years of professional experience ideally in the field of banking software industry (with SaaS knowledge)
- Fluency in English; French, German or any other language an asset
- A self-starter, organized, autonomous and proactive attitude
- Strong attention to details and ability to manage your own workload
- Interest in the fast growing digital asset industry
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company, working together to tackle the most challenging problems at the intersection of distributed systems, cryptography, and finance. We provide an entrepreneurial culture, where merit, contribution and teamwork are rewarded. Our team is important to us, and we work hard to support both the personal and professional development of team members in a comfortable office environment (virus-permitting) and team-oriented atmosphere.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events