Legal Officer [Geneva]
Do you want to be part of a new entrepreneurial adventure and help build the next global FinTech, then we might just have the job for you.
Taurus is the European leading digital asset infrastructure provider for banks, corporates and private companies. Using blockchain technology, its platform covers cryptocurrencies, tokenized securities, tokenized assets (such as NFTs), digital currencies, and stable coins. Taurus SA is a FINMA-regulated securities firm.
We are looking for ambitious and driven individuals to support our fast global growth.
The Legal & Compliance team supports the organization's various functions in all matters relating to risk management. Legal intervenes during contractual negotiations with clients or to advise the internal teams. Compliance ensures that the relevant statutory, regulatory and internal rules are applied.
You will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance. You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Handle day-to-day legal tasks: answer demands and provide support to our different stakeholders
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and legal documentation
- Ensure company’s compliance with privacy and data protection regulations
- Provide legal advice to the Management team
- Monitor on legal evolutions (national and international)
- Design and perform controls
- Draft and manage policies & procedures about the Legal function
- Train and raise awareness of legal aspects
- Contribute to providing a bi-annual reporting to the Management Team and the Board
- Ensure smooth relationship and collaboration with control functions
- Master degree in Swiss Law, with attorney at law degree an advantage
- Min. 3-5 years experience in the field of finance and accounting, in a financial institution such as a bank a plus
- Very good knowledge of the Swiss and European financial law and regulation applicable to securities firms and banks
- Interest for digital assets and blockchain technologies
- Strong analytical skills, precise, open-minded, self-starter, eager to learn, hands-on and result-oriented
- Fluent in French and English; can negotiate and draft contracts in English; German a plus
- An opportunity to work at the intersection of digital assets and finance
- A skilled and experienced team, including world-renowned experts
- A fast-paced learning environment, entrepreneurial spirit and team spirit
- A great moment to join as the company grows and expands
- State-of-the-art technology and IT infrastructure
- Hybrid remote work and flexible working hours
- Fun team events
As the company evolves in a dynamic and innovative environment, its DNA is based on merit. As such, there will be significant growth opportunities for candidates with an open and deliver mindset. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will only consider direct applications from Swiss or European candidates wishing to move to Switzerland.
We will not consider applications via agencies.