Senior Community Manager
Do you feel passionate about supporting high-performance, multinational teams? Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with new problems to solve every day? Do you want to be part of a young and growing technology organization with a strong vision?
Then come join the Web3 Foundation team in Zug as a
Senior Community and Growth Manager
Web3 Foundation accelerates the development and adoption of the decentralized web. We’re providing the framework and setting the standards for an ecosystem so that the most cutting-edge projects can work together, multiplying their benefit to society as a whole. We’re building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets and commerce through blockchain and cryptographic technologies. At the core of this work is Polkadot - a platform that enables blockchains of all kinds to interact and communicate with one another. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and join in shaping the future of society for the better.
We are a lean team with a flat organization. As part of the Community Team, you will work closely together with team members in the USA, Zug and in other remote locations. We are open to receive remote applications from exceptional candidates.
- Leading and Managing a small team of community managers
- Developing strategies to further grow the Polkadot Ambassador program. Such as facilitating the roadmap for growing out the Polkadot ambassador program
- Creating and organising campaigns for community growth and engagement
- Communicating and syncing with internal stakeholders such as social media managers, content creators, technical educators and developer advocates.
- Setting guidelines and responsibilities for ambassador program working groups
- Creating guidelines and playbooks for chat platform management and moderation
- Crafting and executing a coherent Reddit strategy for Polkadot/Kusama
- Providing data-driven insights and feedback to management and team members
- Proactively sending community inbound leads to other functional areas of the organization
- 3+ years experience working in community building and management
- Expert knowledge of the crypto / decentralized technology space, and open source, privacy-minded communities
- Ability to motivate, empower and lead a small team to achieve organisational goals
- Ability to craft and introduce a community development and growth strategy
- Experience with community chat platforms, related tools and integrations (Discord, Reddit, forums,...)
- Experience creating and leading community initiatives like AMAs, ambassador programs, advocacy programs, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and teach new technologies and frameworks
- Excellent Communication skills in English (Native level), other languages are a plus
- Experience with Hubspot, Reddit and or similar marketing/community tools
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages
- Previous startup experience
- Practical experience of working with the crypto / decentralized technology space, and open source, privacy-minded communities
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.
For more information about us, visit us on:
Your application has been successfully submitted.