About the job
Founded in April 2018 and headquartered in Zug, SEBA Bank is a pioneer in the financial industry providing a seamless, secure and easy-to-use bridge between digital and traditional assets. As a smart bank SEBA Bank offers a fully universal suite of regulated banking services in the emerging digital economy. In August 2019, SEBA Bank received a Swiss banking and securities dealer licence – the first time a reputed, regulatory authority such as FINMA has granted a licence to a financial services provider with a core capability in digital assets. The broad, vertically integrated spectrum of services combined with the highest security standards, make SEBA Bank’s value proposition unique - this is why Banque de France selected SEBA Bank to test the integration of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). CVVC Global Report and CB Insights names SEBA Bank as Top 50 Companies within the blockchain ecosystem.
We are bringing a new financial services paradigm to the blockchain and finance economy. In scope of our growth plans we are looking for a Blockchain Engineer to join our Technology team.
In this function you will be responsible for the following:
- Creation of well designed, testable, efficient code using various programming languages
- Work on secure and critical code, such as crypto wallets, operating systems (Linux-based), and APIs, including:
- Application of latest cryptology techniques
- Design and development of key ceremonies in the context of cryptocurrencies
- Optimizing and securing blockchain applications by integrating new tools and technologies
- Documenting blockchain development processes and complying with best practices in data protection
- Customizing Linux distributions
- Support the design and development of the crypto custody solutions in a banking environment
- Providing innovation and ideas across the entire SDLC supporting the continuous improvement of such
- Collaborating with teams and acting as subject matter expert to determine blockchain technology needs and envisaged functionalities
- Keeping up with current blockchain technologies and cryptography methods
For you to become part of SEBA’s journey, we require the following set of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in IT/software engineering
- Experience and know-how in a wide range of programming languages
- Ability to independently debug problems
- Strong knowledge of:
- Passion and in-depth knowledge of Bitcoin and/or Ethereum, as well as general cyber security. Knowledge of other cryptocurrencies/blockchains is a plus
- Rust programming skills, development / publishing of personal projects or libraries, and involvement in the open source community, is a plus
Join our skilled team of SEBAnkians and together redefine finance.
We owe our exponential growth to our innovative and collaborate team spirit and talented workforce. Every voice counts as we are always committed to learning from diverse perspectives and backgrounds because our people make the difference at SEBA Bank. Regardless of your age, gender, belief, and background, at SEBA EVERYONE (E) is welcome!
We very much look forward to receiving your full application and hearing about your motivation to become a SEBAnkian (CV, Motivation Letter, Reference Letters and Diplomas).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Join us as we redefine finance.