About the Flock
We are an inclusive community welcoming Toucans of all backgrounds, shapes and sizes. We want Toucan to be where we do the best work of our lives. We work flexibly and autonomously, trusting one another to deliver world class results.
At Toucan, we are building the infrastructure to reverse climate change.
The climate crisis stems largely from a misalignment of incentives. Polluters don’t pay for their emissions. The voluntary carbon credit market is changing this, enabling companies to offset their emissions by paying projects to capture carbon. Today, this market is highly wasteful due to a lack of liquid markets, forcing projects to go through layers of financial middlemen that take 50-80% fees.
Toucan is enabling a web3 regenerative finance ecosystem, by bridging carbon credits into crypto and pooling them in standardized categories. We have created the first globally accessible and liquid market for voluntary carbon credits. Working with T1 DeFi protocols and the community we enable carbon credits to be used in a variety of use cases, including green assets, NFTs, collateral and yields. In the month, our Base Carbon Tonne did 2b$ in volume and we have bridged over 16m tonnes of CO2, equivalent to the emissions of Kenya. We are just getting started, and need top talent that want maximum leverage in solving the climate crisis to join us to build this regenerative finance ecosystem. This is where you come in!
Lead our high-growth mission-driven startup in communicating Toucan’s mission, vision and values to the world. Ensure the integrity of Toucan’s brand in all major publications. Coordinate with executives to amplify Toucan’s voice through strategic media outlets.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Shaping our communications strategy with the Head of Marketing
- Lead on executing the communications strategy across crypto, mainstream and carbon market press, including drafting press releases and getting such releases posted in media publications
- Shaping Toucan’s social media strategy to strengthen Toucan’s presence across Twitter and LinkedIn
- Monitor and respond to press publications about Toucan, carbon markets and regenerative finance
- Manage relationships with mainstream press to amplify Toucan’s mission, vision and values
- Maintain Toucan’s brand and tone of voice through championing to the Talking Toucan style guide across all public communications
- Collaborate with the ops team on establishing processes and guidelines for internal communications
You most likely have the following experience, skills and relationships:
- 3+ years managing public relations in a startup environment
- A solid understanding of the voluntary carbon market—or a clear ability to acquire this in a short time-frame
- Preferably working experience within finance, especially DeFi
- World-class written communications
- Contacts with mainstream media and startup press
- Available to work within GMT -8 - +2 (San Francisco to Kiev)
Toucan aims to build products for the global majority and especially want to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and help us shape the regenerative finance movement.
What you will get from us:
- A fun, fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Brilliant colleagues who share your passion for addressing the climate crisis
- Support in developing your skills and career to be your very best
$90,000 - $115,000 commensurate on location, experience and number of dependents.
Your application has been successfully submitted.