Test Automation Engineer
About the Flock
We are an inclusive community welcoming Toucans of all backgrounds, shapes and sizes. We want Toucan to be where we do the best work of our lives. We work flexibly and autonomously, trusting one another to deliver world class results.
At Toucan, we are building the infrastructure to reverse climate change.
The climate crisis stems largely from a misalignment of incentives. Polluters don’t pay for their emissions. The voluntary carbon credit market is changing this, enabling companies to offset their emissions by paying projects to capture carbon. Today, this market is highly wasteful due to a lack of liquid markets, forcing projects to go through layers of financial middlemen that take 50-80% fees.
Toucan is enabling a web3 regenerative finance ecosystem, by bridging carbon credits into crypto and pooling them in standardized categories. We have created the first globally accessible and liquid market for voluntary carbon credits. Working with T1 DeFi protocols and the community we enable carbon credits to be used in a variety of use cases, including green assets, NFTs, collateral and yields. In the month, our Base Carbon Tonne did 2b$ in volume and we have bridged over 16m tonnes of CO2, equivalent to the emissions of Kenya.
We are just getting started, and need top talent that want maximum leverage in solving the climate crisis to join us to build this regenerative finance ecosystem. This is where you come in!
As our new Test Engineer, you will join a team of experienced Engineers, focusing on Quality processes to develop new DeFi primitives that connect to web3 carbon markets.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Help define and track requirements for test automation (QA, safety standards)
- Collaborative with project teams to understand objectives and requirements
- Build and design automated testing strategy, tools and scripts for driving application tests
- Do manual testing when needed
- Aid in test automation development using tools like Cypress as necessary
You most likely have the following experience and skills
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience writing automated tests using e.g. Selenium, Cypress
- Experience setting up and maintaining QA processes
- Comfortable working autonomously, and strong collaboration skills in team
- Located between GMT-8 and GMT+2
Toucan aims to build products for the global majority and especially want to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and help us shape the regenerative finance movement.
What you will get from us:
- A fun, fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Brilliant colleagues who share your passion for addressing the climate crisis
- Support in developing your skills and career to be your very best
$70,000 - $110,000 commensurate on location, experience and number of dependents.
Your application has been successfully submitted.