Senior Compliance Officer
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally.
We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are eamlessly integrated in one account.
Sygnum’s diverse and talented team of banking, investment and DLT experts is shaping the
development of a trusted digital asset ecosystem.
· Do you have Compliance experience in the Swiss financial service industry?
· Do you have a curiosity for technology/ cryptocurrencies/ blockchain/ ICOs and related legal solutions?
· Are you keen to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and interdisciplinary start-up?
· Are you a team player and able to work under pressure and independently?
If this holds true, we want you on the Sygnum team.
- Support the team and client facing / handling staff in compliance & regulatory matters regarding daily business and strategic initiatives.
- Advising and supporting employees, stakeholders and governing bodies in ethics and compliance matters.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws and (internal) regulations, including adoption of internal compliance frameworks and implementation of corresponding controls
- Drive compliance & regulatory projects regarding strategic developments, including implementation of processes related to the legal & compliance department of a financial institution.
- Educate and train employees on laws and regulations as well as industry practices and ensure corresponding know-how transfer.
- Assess and approve client documentation in the client onboarding process and ongoing monitoring, consistent with applicable KYC and AML regulations and guidelines.
- Management of junior compliance specialists and support them in their development.
- Degree in law, finance/economics, business management, or a related field
- Experience (5+ years) in Banking as in-house Compliance Officer in a Swiss bank or an Audit/Consulting firm providing services to Swiss-based regulated financial intermediaries
- Profound experience in aspects associated to compliance-centric matters including, amongst others, conflict management, regulatory reporting, new product approvals and compliance advisory.
- Functional knowledge in relevant areas of law and regulations, i.e. regarding Swiss FinSA, Conflicts of Interest and Market Conduct, Marketing, client onboarding, AML/CFT, ABC, sanctions and regulatory matters
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the Business with innovative products and business concepts
- Goal and result-oriented, able to work with minimal direction and provide hands-on and practicable solutions
- Knowledge of the latest trends in compliance, the FinTech and RegTech industry as well as cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Core understanding of FATCA and CRS requirements
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system.
- An amazing, highly skilled, international, and motivated team of professionals.
- Flexible working time models and free coffee, tea on office premise.
- Experienced leadership teams who are masters of scale and will facilitate smart growth.
- Regular gatherings with the teams and plenty of jokes and laughs 😊.
If you’re passionate for technology and blockchain with a massive worldwide impact, then please send us your CV with Motivation letter, including diplomas and reference letters.
Your application has been successfully submitted.