Senior Data Engineer. Remote. (m/f/d)
Who we are:
We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. With a new product roadmap, we are adding several new products to our portfolio, beyond on-chain data - we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
Senior Data Engineer. Remote. (m/f/d) (m/f/d). Remote. An employment contract or consultancy is possible.
About the role:
Extend the crypto data engineering frontier by embarking on a journey of shaping our innovative, industry-leading products (powered by accurate and reliable data).
We are searching for a driven and experienced Data Engineer ready to contribute to taking our products to the next level. You will collaborate closely with our data science and engineering teams and work on our crypto data platform, efficiently pulling data from a range of sources, creating and maintaining data pipelines that ultimately shape and enrich our product offering
Join us remotely, you can be located anywhere around the CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position requires a full-time engagement; both a Contract and an Employment Agreement are possible.
What you will do:
- Extract, combine, transform and store data from blockchains, exchanges and other sources utilizing modern data processing frameworks
- Maintain, improve and extend our data pipelines
- Independently identify new ways to arrange and enrich data to enable novel research and product directions
- Work closely together with our data scientists to get the most out of our on-chain and crypto-financial data
- Introduce the necessary tools to monitor and QA our data pipeline infrastructure
- Collaborate with our team of backend engineers and accompany code from ideation to implementation
What you need to have:
- 4+ years working as a data engineer or a relevant field
- Extensive experience working with high-performant ETL data pipelines using state-of-the-art methodologies and tooling
- Advanced knowledge of large-scale data analysis with a great understanding of scalability and robustness
- High Proficiency in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, ...)
- Very good knowledge of SQL (Postgres) and BigQuery
- Solid understanding and experience of microservices (e.g. using Docker and Kubernetes ) as well cloud infrastructure (preferably GCP)
- Passionate about Bitcoin and the crypto industry
- Working experience with financial (other time-series) data
- Experience with Graph analysis and graph databases
- Experience with Argo workflows
- Experience with golang and/of (py)spark
What we offer:
- A modern technical stack with an emphasis on quality
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering - you will help us figure out what we'd need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too - this year we went to Lisbon for a week, we're also coming to Switzerland for our Xmas party and more adventures are coming
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Glassnode makes blockchain data accessible for everyone.