Mid-level Designer/ Art Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
What we’re looking for:
An outstanding, conceptual Designer/ Art-director with solid advertising experience ready for a bigger, prosocial canvas. Someone that loves art so much, they see beauty all around them. Someone that likes, no: needs to make art. Someone, too, that loves to bring their skills and experience to a foundation that tries to improve the world using cutting edge blockchain technology. (And has the book to prove it.)
Help us expand our global footprint and drive more awareness, adoption and finally value to the world through Cardano. How? By concepting and/or making online and offline content for various audiences, together with our copywriter, digital marketing specialists and brand & comms team.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of both developing and producing campaigns and delivering simple off-the-cuff standalone pieces. You know how to stack your Photoshop layers, love to illustrate and tweak and, ideally, know how to animate. You have solid experience working for either blockchain projects, or other complex technological systems and know how to visually translate that to enticing concepts & content.
We’re a small team. This means we depend on you for a wide variety of tasks. Some nitty gritty stuff you chew on, push out and are done with almost immediately. And some stuff you need to use your big brand architecture brain for: overarching, conceptual tasks that take months to complete.
One day you’re creating visuals for Instagram, the next it’s the layout of a UN whitepaper, and then there’s that campaign about driving voucher verification adoption for Patagonian family farms (not even that far of a stretch, to be honest). You develop campaign concepts or activations that move the needle, sure, but preferably the heart. And you aren’t afraid to roll campaigns out, deliver a plethora of assets and end it all with exciting, yes, exciting, campaign reports.
You understand how to adapt our new and improved brand identity, for a plethora of messages, channels, audiences. It could be a corporate marketing team you’re designing a spiffy deck for, it could be your next door neighbour’s great aunt requiring an infographic. You’ll help us boost brand awareness and increase engagement regardless.
This position requires a high level of creativity, quick thinking and a comfortability with independent thinking. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines.
This train drives fast, so we need you to build fast, edit faster and launch often.
Some bullet points on what you will be doing:
- Ideate and manage various cross-platform content strategies with a copywriter or PR manager
- Identify opportunities and conceptualize campaigns to leverage our brand or to market our blockchain with the digital marketing team
- Develop campaign driven content or activations together with a wide variety of partners to grow global awareness
- Design, illustrate or animate content (blog posts, whitepapers, visuals, video storyboards etc.) to raise brand awareness and to educate our audiences. Your in depth recommendations are not just appreciated, they are crucial
- Enforce consistent use and adoption of the brand identity for the Cardano Foundation
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members and help them learn as much as you can on easy to use tools
Some more bullet points on what we look for in the ideal candidate:
- A BA degree in Design, Art, applied Art, Communications or Advertising
- 3+ years ad agency experience - and a book to prove your conceptual and design work, or 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology is preferred, but we’ll help you along provided you already know some about it the good stuff
- A storyteller with self-initiated projects under his/her belt. We encourage you to share your passion projects with the rest of the team
- Knowledge of not just today’s hot & happening media technologies, but especially tomorrow’s
Super nice to haves (and final bullet points):
- Highly skilled in a second language apart from English
- Experience in making easily adoptable templates for less experienced designers
- Inspire the team to get more of an advertising framework in how we develop partnerships
If the above sounds exciting, we would love to receive your application. Send your advertising portfolio to the email address below.
We particularly invite women and people of color to apply. We believe the blockchain space (and the broader world of digital tech) will benefit immensely from a multitude of new perspectives to shape this environment.
For this role, we do only accept applications from residents in Switzerland, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Germany, California, Canada & Russia.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future, based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talents! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
- Day off on your birthday, as you should be celebrating your special day
Your application has been successfully submitted.