Senior Software Engineer
At Swissblock, we are passionate about creating cutting-edge algorithmic trading strategies
for the cryptocurrency market using in-depth market analysis. Our software engineers
create and maintain the automated trading platform covering data ingestion, strategy
generation, order execution and portfolio management.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Strategy and Execution team, you will build and
evolve exchange connectivity, order management and the trade execution engine of the
entire system as a solid foundation for our trading strategies and portfolio management.
We are a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in Europe.
Our first generation of the platform is running in production. The execution engine's microservices are written in Golang, and trade scheduling is implemented in Python. We are scaling by adding new strategies, instruments, exchanges and executing orders with higher frequency.
Your role requires a deep understanding of system architecture and software components to improve performance and perform strategic development. Apart from supporting the constantly evolving trading strategies and connecting to new exchanges and liquidity pools, we need to enhance observability and ensure institutional-grade maintenance processes and infrastructure.
● Gather requirements in direct contact with business and technical stakeholders
● Conduct workload and complexity assessments
● Design, plan and implement new software solutions in Go and Python
● Maintain and enhance the existing solutions
● Drive and track the progress of architectural changes from concept to production
● Influence the technical direction of new services and initiatives
● Build and extend knowledge of financial instruments
● B.Sc. in Computer Science or a similar field involving coding (e.g. physics or applied mathematics)
● Algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
● Hands-on senior-level experience in Go and Python programming
● Unix-based systems, containerized environments and Kubernetes
● Working experience with databases: relational, NoSQL and time series
● Websocket, REST API and message brokers (e.g. Kafka, NATS, MQ)
● Proficient written and verbal communication in English
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive attitude to own and solve issues
● Sense for quality, reliability and innate curiosity to learn new things
● Financial background in FX or digital assets, algorithmic trading and/or exchange connectivity
● Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures, GCP preferred
● Highly proficient in concurrent programming
What we offer:
● Unique opportunity to work on new, cutting-edge technology in financial trading
● Self-funded and already profitable international company in a future-proof market
● Great culture and team spirit with a flat hierarchy and quick decision-making
● Work-life balance with a remote-first culture (Europe or onsite in Zug, Switzerland)
● Competitive compensation scheme with an annual bonus
● 25 days of annual leave, pension, insurance and regular company events
Do you want to help us to bring our already profitable system to the next level and build a revolutionary trading platform? Then please contact Callum Porter to apply for the position via email@example.com. Note that only direct applications will be accepted.