Senior Developer (C++/Rust), Metaco
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are seeking a C++/Rust developer to join our Engineering team in Lausanne, Switzerland.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with complex technologies where solutions are to be created, expect challenges,
- Build scalable and distributed components in C++/Rust for the backend of Harmonize,
- Interact with the different teams, including software architects, frontend and backend developers, product owners and designers,
- Analyze different blockchains protocols and understand their specificities,
- Apply latest cryptographic primitives in the context of blockchains and secure components,
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality,
- Collaborate closely with support, QA and operations teams,
- Work partly in remote.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, equivalent practical engineering experience is a reasonable substitute,
- 4+ year of experience in software development using C++,
- 2+ year of experience with Rust including Tokio framework,
- 2+ year of experience with distributed systems,
- Strong knowledge of cryptography
- Strong knowledge of bytes manipulation
- Nice to have knowledge of:
- gRPC and Protobuf,
- Blockchain technology.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Req ID: 23654