Chief Technology Officer
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer to guide us through the next stages of our evolution, as we scale our firm from a high growth early-stage company to a leading global entity. The CTO will design the strategy and vision for the company's technology platform, ensure we stay at the forefront of innovation, deliver world-class B2B and B2C experiences as we continuously deliver new products, features and capabilities. The position is based in Zurich, Switzerland
Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for the entire solution stack. Work closely with Tech Leads, Architects and other colleagues to co-own the architecture and component strategy. Oversee all aspects of the CTO organization, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, architecture, software engineering, blockchain engineering, site reliability engineering etc.
Lead the hiring and retaining talent as well as evangelizing innovative technology stacks and software development best practices. Provide hands-on technology leadership to the CTO leadership and whole Sygnum group team. Mentor, motivate, and lead Engineering teams to support a vibrant and productive engineering culture
Manage the end to end technology execution by building a technology culture that puts resiliency, scalability and security at the core, mixing in innovation, flexibility, new engineering concepts and best-in-class technologies. Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance.
Partner with our Product teams to build and execute against
commercial roadmap, with strong coordination and delivery across all internal and external stakeholders (clients, products, operations, risk, etc.). Ensure strong coordination with the Product Development function to align engineering and business priorities.
- 10+ years of experience leading high caliber cross-functional technology teams in high-growth environments – blockchain, fintech or banking experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated successful track record creating a high-performing, collaborative culture that continuously ships high-quality, institutional-grade products and solutions
- Technical expertise to drive architectural decisions, both in applications and systems infrastructure; deep knowledge of key architectural principles found in highly scalable systems
- Proven ability in running and scaling a team of engineering professionals, attracting outstanding talent, and creating a culture of innovation and technical excellence.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to present engineering strategy to the Board and investors
- Known as an inspirational, emotionally-intelligent leader, who builds strong relationship networks and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent area is preferred.
Nice to have:
- Experience in financial industry with strong understanding of banking operations and regulatory environment is highly preferred
- Proven experience as CTO or in a similar leadership role
- Knowledge of latest trends in the FinTech industry and cryptocurrencies/blockchain/ICOs
At Sygnum, we strive towards transforming the financial industry by realising the potential of DLT, and through this to help create a world where people have more control, freedom and direct access to ownership and value. Come join us on this exciting journey!
Your application has been successfully submitted.