Security Operations Engineer
Web3 Foundation accelerates the development and adoption of the decentralized web. We’re providing the framework and setting the standards for an ecosystem so that the most cutting-edge projects can work together, multiplying their benefit to society as a whole.
We’re building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets and commerce through blockchains and other cryptographic technologies. At the core of this work is Polkadot - a platform that enables blockchains of all kinds to interact and communicate with one another. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and join in shaping the future of society for the better.
Operations security is at the heart of decentralised protocols and applications. In order to safeguard security best practices in the Web3 community, we are looking for an outstanding SecOps engineer. Web3 Foundation’s SecOps team, which consists of SREs and security engineers, is responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining security baselines and best practices across the foundation, and the Web3 ecosystem. The successful candidate will join our SecOps team, and work closely with internal and external partners to achieve these goals.
We are a lean team with a flat organisation. The company is based in Zug, Switzerland.
- Be part of the the SecOps team that strives to design and implement high security standards for the Foundation
- Help implement and coordinate secure processes for critical operations, such as secure validator infrastructure and chain monitoring services, assess and monitor associated risk factors
- Help develop and secure our community initiatives such as the 1000 Validator Program for Polkadot and Kusama, and Web3 Foundation’s Bug Bounty Program
- Help design and implement security education programs, e.g. crypto wallet how-tos and best practices, for Web3 staff as well as the Web3 ecosystem at large
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working as a SecOps engineer or similar
- Solid background in systems, blockchain, and security
- Solid understanding of the current threat landscape
- Hands-on experience with incident monitoring and response
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure hardening, phishing protection, and cloud security
- Experience with Python and Typescript: both coding and code review
- Experience with Rust for code review
- Ability to think strategically and work hands-on, independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Understand secure key management practices, as required for digital certificates, crypto-currencies, or key ceremonies
- Experience with SDLC and continuous integration
- Experience with security standards, such as NIST, and BSI
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.
For more information about us, visit us on
- Web3 Foundation website: web3(dot)foundation
- Polkadot website: polkadot(dot)network
- Documentation: wiki(dot)polkadot(dot)network
Your application has been successfully submitted.