About the job
DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is fast and scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
DFINITY has a world-class team of computer science researchers that is experiencing rapid growth as we approach the Internet Computer’s public launch. We have multiple openings across a broad range of seniority and fields with a focus on security and practical performance. Below are some examples of relevant research areas - but unique combinations or variations are ok.
- Cryptography - design provably secure, scalable and practical cryptographic protocols, areas of interest include multi-party computation and post-quantum cryptography
- Distributed systems - design, analyze and implement algorithms and architectures for dependable and scalable distributed/concurrent systems
- Formal verification - develop and apply techniques to give strong security guarantees for the Internet Computer
- Networking - design, build and analyze the networking architecture and protocols for a secure, dependable and scalable Internet Computer
- Operating systems - build and improve the Linux-based software system that runs the Internet Computer, with a focus on security, isolation, side-channel prevention
- Embedded system - design, analyze and implement system software to support secure execution environments utilizing smartcards and x86 secure virtualization technology
- Pen testing - identify risks across the full stack of the Internet Computer and help mitigate them
- Collaborate with engineers to develop secure, reliable and scalable solutions, from problem identification and solution conception to production
- Provide deep technical insight in a field of interest and communicate it clearly
- Contribute to designs and specifications of the next iterations of the Internet Computer
- Write high-quality research papers targeted at leading conferences and journals
- Represent the company in academic and industry conferences and share technical information internally as well as with the public
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publications in top venues or other evidence of excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively both with other research and engineering teams
- Experience as a professor, postdoctoral researcher or industry researcher is a plus
- Experience with Rust programming is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Internet Computer