This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you feel passionate about supporting high-performance, multinational teams? Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with new problems to solve every day? Do you want to be part of a young and growing technology organization with a strong vision?
Then come join the Web3 Foundation team in Zug as a
Web3 Foundation accelerates the development and adoption of the decentralized web. We’re providing the framework and setting the standards for an ecosystem so that the most cutting-edge projects can work together, multiplying their benefit to society as a whole. We’re building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets and commerce through blockchain and cryptographic technologies. At the core of this work is Polkadot - a platform that enables blockchains of all kinds to interact and communicate with one another. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and join in shaping the future of society for the better.
We are a lean team with a flat organisation. You will be working closely together with team members in Zug and in remote locations, as well as with diverse service suppliers.
As a Technical Educator you will work as part of the Web3 Technical Education team to teach people about the Web3 technology stack. In detail you will...
- Write sample applications to show developers how Polkadot operates and how its functionality can be used
- Present information to the community through webinars, video demonstrations, walk-throughs and other media channels
- Run initiatives such as the Thousand Validators Programme to grow the Polkadot community
- Update and add content to the Polkadot Wiki
- Interact with developers and users of the chain to understand their needs, and develop articles, tutorials, and code in response
- Perform data analysis and scripting as needed
- Create documentation such as blog posts and tutorials to teach developers how to build on the Web3 stack
- Curate educational material created by the community and ensure its accessibility
- Answer technical questions from developers, users and other team members working with Polkadot and related technologies
- Investigate and identify new technologies and capabilities that will enhance the Web3 tech stack
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology
- Solid programming skills
- Familiarity with or a strong interest in the Web 3.0 movement, blockchain and other decentralized technologies
- Practical experience of working with the crypto / decentralized technology space, and open source, privacy-minded communities
- Ability to document and comment code
- Quickly able to learn and teach new technologies and frameworks
- Native level written and spoken English, additional languages are a plus
- DevOps experience
- Experience writing dapps, smart contracts, or other blockchain-related code, especially in Solidity or ink!
- Experience in the Polkadot or Kusama ecosystems
- You have taught or helped (as a teaching assistant or similar) to teach a class or workshop
- You have written tutorials, articles or sample code for others
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.
For more information about us, visit us on:
Your application has been successfully submitted.