Chief Technology Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talent! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights.
The Cardano Foundation Is Focused On The Following Initiatives
Driving adoption of Cardano amongst developers, entrepreneurs, stakepool operators,
general ADA holders and enterprises.
Shaping legislation and commercial standards.
Growing the global Cardano community.
Ensuring stakeholder accountability, working with Emurgo, IOHK and companies/people
that receive direct funds from the Foundation.
If you are up for unlocking opportunities and creating value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
The Chief Technology Officer is part of the Cardano Foundation’s Executive Management Team and will report into the CEO of the Cardano Foundation. This individual will partner with the Executive Management Team to shape the technical vision for Cardano, build and oversee an ecosystem of strong developers and entrepreneurs, work alongside those in the broader community to complete projects and will regularly collaborate and communicate with the Cardano community.
What You’ll Be Doing
Set a technical strategy and direction for Cardano Foundation and the protocol
- Understand the current capabilities of Cardano from an overall technical perspective, and what its future technical capabilities should be.
- Understand the wide range of blockchain protocols and translate potential learnings into project proposals and initiatives for Cardano’s roadmap.
- Lead and manage the technology planning, budget, evaluation and decision of projects, with emphasis on cost/benefits analysis.
- Put together processes for reviewing and evaluating different proposals, and provide recommendations to the CEO and Foundation Council for project funding and technical integrations.
Build up an ecosystem of developers and entrepreneurs for Cardano
- Understand the current capabilities of Cardano’s tooling and libraries.
- Understand what competitors and similar projects do in terms of tooling & libraries for developers and entrepreneurs.
- Put together a roadmap and processes for implementing projects, directly through the Cardano Foundation, or as proposals to partners or the general community.
Provide oversight of the technology ecosystem
- Hire, inspire and work closely with engineering teams, made up of project managers and developers (internal or external) to ensure the delivery of the platform and products and oversee the full lifecycle.
- Lead and manage the technology planning, development and post-development process of critical projects (including QA and protocol audits).
Collaborate and communicate with Community, EMURGO and IOG on current and future technical efforts towards Cardano
- Coordinate and drive the business relationships with key internal and significant external partners on projects within the technology ecosystem.
- Build bridges and network with the Cardano Community and open-source developer community, providing updates on major initiatives and doing ongoing AMAs.
Support internal IT & security for the Cardano Foundation by creating and overseeing processes to enable security & IT to work for Cardano Foundation.
Define, monitor and report on KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields (Masters preferred).
- 10+ years work experience, 5+ years as a CTO or VP of engineering, focused on working with external developers and growing an open-source developer community.
- Experience in building and leading a high performance team of blockchain developers, smart contract engineers, and support staff.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of blockchain technology, cryptography, related use cases and blockchain industry developments (e.g. DApp development, understanding multiple BIPs, how smart contracts work across multiple platforms).
- Has managed the delivery of a successful project using smart-contracts.
- Has a track record of working effectively with other senior managers, technical and non-technical.
What You Are Like
- You are comfortable in navigating and leading teams in a decentralized environment across different stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- You are focused on achieving goals in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and "getting things done" mentality.
If you cover a large part of the requirements and have a strong background in IT engineering and architecture as well as a focus and passion for distributed system and blockchain technology, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talent! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.