Junior Legal Counsel
About the job
Join a dynamic and exceptional legal team at the forefront of the financial industry transformation and be part of a tech focused bank in enabling all business units and supporting internal stakeholders of the world’s first digital asset bank.
Are you passionate about legal and regulations, FinTech and DLT law?
- Are you looking for very diversified and interdisciplinary work?
- Are you passionate about finding solutions and inspiring others?
- Are you keen to work in a dynamic and fast-moving start-up with the most talented and motivated colleagues?
- Do you have a curiosity for financial services and regulation/technology/cryptocurrencies/ blockchain/tokenization and related legal solutions?
- Do you have a track record in working effectively with specialists from a range of business fields in the financial industry and evidence of technical expertise to manage complex legal engagements in close collaboration with others?
If this holds true, we want you on the Sygnum team
As a Junior Legal Counsel at the world’s first digital asset bank you inter alia:
- Work with the Head Legal and Head Legal Tech within the Legal, Compliance and RegTech Team
- Work in the areas of legal (including employment-, contract-, corporate-, data- and DLT law), regulatory and corporate housekeeping and support with all administrative activities
- Respond independently to various internal and external requests concerning legal topics
- Negotiate agreements with external providers lead and assist in a variety of department and bank-wide projects
- Review and draft agreements, internal guidelines and templates
- Prepare presentations for senior management regarding legal and regulatory topics
- Conduct research, legal assessments and draft legal memos on complex topics
- Participate in the creation and further development of internal knowledge and a contract management database
- Master’s degree in law from a Swiss university, preferably with an admission to the bar
- 1-3 years of experience in a supervised institution, law firm or a big four company with a focus on financial markets
- Good understanding of financial market regulations
- Interest in the latest trends in legal, the FinTech and RegTech industry as well as cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Conceptual thinker with strong analytical and technical skills as well as courage to provide clear guidance and practicable solutions based on own assessments
- A positive, forward-thinking personality and a proactive can-do attitude with a dedicated interest towards inhouse legal topics
- Goal and results oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to work independently and under pressure
- High degree of integrity, business acumen and openness to feedback
- Fluency in English and German, every additional language is an asset
- Further education and certificates relating to digital assets and blockchain technology are an advantage
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system
- Being at the forefront of regulatory innovation in the FinTech Sector
- Working at the intersection of regulated financial markets and the unchartered territory of digital assets
- Being part of the gateway for all legal issues in our company
- The opportunity to deal with legal challenges related to traditional as well as new technologies
- Start-up experience with agile working environment and fast decision cycles
- An amazing, highly skilled, international and motivated team of professionals
- Experienced leadership teams who are masters of scale and facilitate smart growth
- Being supported and challenged by dynamic partners and colleagues
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
If you’re passionate about the technological innovation in a banking environment and about tackling the legal challenges of a technology-oriented bank and this reads like your profile, then please send us your CV with diplomas and reference letters! Thank you.
Please let Sygrnum know you found this position on CryptoValley.jobs as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.