Lead Product Designer
About the job
About SuperRare Labs:
SuperRare Labs (SRL) is a fast-moving startup reinventing the art market and empowering art communities. We're creators of the SuperRare NFT platform and the SuperRare DAO—a diverse creative ecosystem, marketplace, and community of innovative artists and art collectors. SuperRare Labs is backed by top-tiered investors (Series A in March 2021). We’re growing our team of passionate, creative people in our journey to lead the web3 movement.
Design at SuperRare Labs:
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our design family. Our design team values trust, creativity, hustle, and low ego. SuperRare Labs is largely a design-driven organization, so by joining the design team, you’ll have a seat at the table in influencing the SuperRare platform, culture, and community.
We have a slew of fun design initiatives on our roadmap. Given our position as leaders in the metaverse frontier, there are opportunities to invent entirely new design patterns. As a web3 platform controlled by its users, we’re setting the example for the kind of internet we want to see. Along the way, we’re lucky to work with an inspiring user base of the best artists in the
We’re an all-remote company, but prefer that you have availability during US work hours to facilitate better collaboration with our core team. The role will report to our Design Director.
What you’ll do:
- Take broad concepts and turn them into simple, useful products—You'll own design initiatives from concept through launch, mapping the initial UX and polishing the final UI
- Pitch your own ideas. Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Facilitate design workshops to create alignment between teammates around your projects
- Partner with engineers to support them as they implement your ideas
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Design for inclusivity and uphold accessibility standards
- Perform user research, including organizing and holding user interviews. Use feedback and data to inform design strategy
- Help build, maintain, and evolve our design system
What you have:
- A strong portfolio of UX projects showing attention to visual craft (We appreciate well-researched case studies, but we also need someone who can implement their ideas with polish)
- 5+ years of experience shipping digital experiences
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfort working autonomously in a remote startup environment
- Ability to rapidly prototype lean solutions, and an understanding of when to keep things low-fi vs. pixel-perfect
- Outstanding visual craft—You are detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals
- Experience building and delivering design systems
SuperRare powers / bonus points if you can demonstrate experience in:
- The UX challenges and design paradigms of web3
- Designing interfaces with motion
- Designing VR experiences
Who you are:
- A collaborator; we’re passionate about teams being more than the sum of their parts
- A truth-seeker; you have strong opinions but hold them loosely - maintaining a healthy skepticism and willingness to evolve when presented with new information
- A builder; you recognize that in many situations done is better than perfect
- A craftsperson; our work is our art, and the world needs more beauty in it
SuperRare Labs exists at the bleeding edge of a vibrant digital economy seeking to empower creatives all over the world. We believe that digital art, media and crypto-networks represent the future of cultural expression. By providing the platform, tools & technology for artists to become truly independent and self-sovereign, we seek to free artistic expression & advance global culture in both the analog and digital universes.
If working at the tip of a rapidly evolving industry focused on artistic expression and community building sounds exciting to you, join us as we explore this wild frontier!
Your application has been successfully submitted.