(Junior) Compliance Officer 80-100%
About the job
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
Sygnum’s diverse and talented team of banking, investment and DLT experts is shaping the development of a trusted digital asset ecosystem.
- Do you have Compliance experience in the Swiss financial service industry?
- Do you have a curiosity for technology/ cryptocurrencies/ blockchain/ ICOs and related legal solutions?
- Are you keen to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and interdisciplinary start-up?
- Are you a team player and able to work under pressure and independently?
If this holds true, we want you on the Sygnum team.
- Assess and approve client documentation in the client onboarding process and ongoing monitoring, consistent with applicable KYC and AML regulations and guidelines
- Support the team and client facing / handling staff in compliance & regulatory matters regarding daily business
- Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws and (internal) regulations, including adoption of internal compliance frameworks and implementation of corresponding controls
- Drive compliance & regulatory projects regarding strategic developments, including implementation of processes related to legal & compliance department of a financial institution
- Educate and train employees on laws and regulations as well as industry practices and ensure corresponding know-how transfer
- Degree in law, finance, business management, or a related field (Swiss University or Swiss University of Applied Science)
- First experience (2-4 years) in Banking as in-house Compliance Officer in a Swiss bank or an Audit/Consulting firm providing services to Swiss-based regulated financial intermediaries
- Profound onboarding experience onboarding and/or transaction monitoring experience
- Functional knowledge in relevant areas of law and regulations, i.e. regarding client onboarding, AML/CFT, ABC, sanctions and regulatory matters
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the Business with innovative products and business concepts
- Goal and results oriented, able to work with minimal direction and providing hands-on and practicable solutions
- Knowledge of latest trends in compliance, the FinTech and RegTech industry as well as cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Fluency in English and German required
- Hands-on experience with Compliance tasks related to digital assets
- Experience in Product and Marketing Compliance
- Experience with Singapore based companies and financial services in Singapore
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system.
- Work together with an amazing, highly skilled, international and motivated team of professionals.
- Experienced leadership teams who are masters of scale and will facilitate smart growth.
If you’re passionate for technology and blockchain with a massive worldwide impact, then please send us your CV!
Your application has been successfully submitted.