Accounts Payable Specialist
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
At DFINITY we are building the world’s best blockchain technology and we expect nothing less from our procurement process. In this role you have day-to-day responsibility for booking and paying invoices from our worldwide vendors. You get to use modern procurement and accounting systems and interact with vendors worldwide. You hold our reputation high to meet our financial obligations to our business partners in a timely and compliant manner.
- Operate the complete accounts payable process including processing bills and timely payments, matching to purchase orders, monitoring of procure-to-pay compliance, reconciliations, weekly reporting, and month-end closing
- Maintain A/P subledgers, vendor data & billing inbox and ensures appropriate documentation is available
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Reconcile accounts by identifying errors and resolving discrepancies
- Assume ownership of assigned internal controls
- Support the organization in optimizing financial transactions, processes and systems to keep up with the demands of a high-growth environment
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
- Comply with accounting and financial requirements
- Contribute to ad hoc, time-sensitive and exciting projects within the Finance team
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or related fields.
- Experience with Excel (or GoogleSheets), NetSuite, Expensify, Teampay, and Deel a plus.
- Ability to remain flexible and calm under pressure
- Accountability and responsibility, independent working style and attention to detail
- Ability to gain clarity around process and documents and clearly explain complicated issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills in a global environment
- Openness to continuous improvement and changes in processes
- Business partnership and vendor relations skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Internet Computer