Financial Systems Analyst
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
At DFINITY we are building the world’s best blockchain technology and we expect nothing less of our own financial systems. In this role you will lead the charge to make this happen. You are a wizard in selecting, implementing and maintaining financial, planning and accounting tools. You understand the worlds and language of finance, accounting and IT. You feel like a fish in water when project managing, communicating and bridging different perspectives of finance, IT and software industry professionals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive and develop our financial system roadmap (currently having NetSuite, Expensify, Brex, Teampay ...) to ensure we have a scalable solution to meet our future growths and statutory compliance requirements under Swiss and US accounting standards
- Provide leadership and project management for system implementations/upgrades including managing internal resources, external implementation partners and vendors
- Be an advocate to streamline/redesign business processes to align with industry best practice
- Assist in the design review and documentation of processes to ensure internal control is adequate and progressing towards compliance
- Provide on-going monitoring to our purchasing process and related systems to ensure POs are approved within a reasonable time frame, interface errors, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Maintain user access and configurations (like COA, divisions, locations…) of financial systems
- Provide on-going support to our systems including identifying and implementing process and system enhancements with the goal to decrease closing days while also improving team efficiency and scalability
- Partner with the users to document business requirements, drive user acceptance test strategy and cases and help to execute test cases if needed
- Partner with business to develop our ICP token administration system to improve controls and reporting and establish interfaces with our fiat accounting system where required
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Finance team for month-end and quarter-end closing reporting, driving internal processes and ensuring proper treatment and reporting of operational activities and expenses
Background and Experience:
- 10+ years of Financial System experience including vendor selection, system implementation and configuration, project management and post-production support
- 10+ years of experience with finance and accounting processes like procure to pay, record to report, acquire to retire, debits and credits
- Good knowledge of and willingness to learn European and US finance, banking, payments and accounting practices
- Strong project management skills (develop and manage plans, track issues, resolution and action items)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models and technologies
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and communication skills
- Excited about learning new things, comfortable working in less-structured environments with ambiguities.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get into details and taking strong ownership of delivery
- Basic understanding of SOX or internal controls
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Internet Computer