Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d). Remote
Who we are:
We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. With a new product roadmap, we are adding several new products to our portfolio, beyond on-chain data - we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d). Remote. Contract or Full-time role
About the role:
Help us build a reliable, scalable and performant platform that will serve our customers a new exciting Glassnode product.
We are kicking off a new product, still confidential but details to be revealed in a call. So you have a chance to be the first member of the DevOps team and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
Working greenfield with the opportunity to solve real-world problems in a brand new challenging project within a challenging business.
Within this project, you will build a platform that enables engineering teams to autonomously develop, test, deploy and operate their stack.
What you will do:
- Work closely with VP Engineering on a greenfield project, defining and implementing the infrastructure roadmap for the platform
- Maintain and manage the infrastructure-as-code repository
- Automate platform’s deployment using CI/CD best practice
- Ensure availability of production and development environments
- Set up best practices for disaster recovery, observability and alerting
- Work on documentation activities: post-mortems, root-cause analysis, playbooks and manuals for procedures and policies.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of working experience with one of the following cloud vendors: GCP, AWS or Azure. Bonus if experience lies with GCP
- Experienced scripting with a modern programming language, preferably Golang or Python.
- Experience working with databases and distributed systems e.g. PostgreSQL. Bonus if you have experience with MSSQL Server
- Understanding of full-stack web concepts, such as transport layers, networking, cachingTCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Practical experience using and operating Docker and container orchestration
- Practical experience and knowledge about CI/CD processes
- Practical experience with 24/7 production systems
- Practical experience with observability: monitoring, tracking and alerting
- Practical experience troubleshooting/debugging systems and root-cause analysis
- Nice to have: exposure and/or experience with concepts: disaster recovery, InfoSec, OSI model
What we offer:
- Be one of the first and core people working on a brand new greenfield product within our portfolio
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering - you will help us figure out what we'd need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too - this year we went to Lisbon for a week, and more adventures are coming
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Glassnode makes blockchain data accessible for everyone.