Head of Legal
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore hedual ritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
We are looking for a Head Legal (within Legal, Compliance & RegTech Division) to join our growing, high impact team in our office in Zurich.
- Drive and further develop a corporate legal strategy to promote and protect Sygnum’s matters as well as to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Provide legal advisory services in a regulated financial services environment and for general corporate matters
- Support Executive Team and Business in legal & regulatory matters regarding daily business and financial services operations
- Drive legal projects regarding strategic developments, including implementation of processes related to the legal department of a financial institution
- Support new business concepts and put complex products and innovative business ideas on a solid legal framework
- Analyse, draft and further develop overall contractual framework
- Negotiate and draft business contracts as well as provide corresponding advisory services to Business
- Handling of legal procedures of any kind (e.g. for litigation cases coordination of the cooperation with external counsel)
- Handling of requests by authorities and maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large
- Master degree in Law (Swiss University), Attorney-At-Law (bar exam in Switzerland) is desirable
- Broad experience in Financial Services Industry / Banking as in-house Counsel
- Profound functional knowledge in relevant areas of law, i.e. corporate matters and contract law (Swiss laws and regulations and preferably EU financial law concepts, ideally also from Singapore)
- Conceptual thinker with strong analytical and technical skills as well as courage to provide clear guidance based on own assessments
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the Business with innovative products and business concepts
- Goal and results oriented, able to work with minimal direction and providing hands-on and practicable solutions (with a good commercial business sense)
- Knowledge of latest trends in the FinTech industry as well as cryptocurrencies and blockchain
Nice to have:
- Experience in Swiss and European data privacy regulations
- Experience with European or Singapore based financial service activities
If this reads like your profile, please send us your application with a 1-page CV. Even if you're not there yet but still think you could be a good fit for our team, please contact us and we'll figure something out. Thank you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.