Sygnum consists of two specialized and fully regulated entities in both Switzerland and Singapore. Recognized as the world’s first digital asset bank in Switzerland and a specialized digital asset specialist providing asset management services in Singapore, the group’s product and service offerings make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust.
We are currently looking for a full-time Junior Compliance Associate to join our Singapore headquarters Sygnum Pte Ltd (“SPL”).
The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with regulators such as the Monetary Authority of Singapore as SPL is a regulated entity operating under a CMS license and provides specialized digital asset management services in Singapore. As part of his/her duties, the candidate will also be exposed to a dynamic and multicultural working environment across the multiple jurisdictions of Switzerland and Singapore.
- Manage and coordinate internal compliance monitoring and reporting activities under the relevant licensing frameworks in Singapore.
- Manage and coordinate communications and ongoing engagement with external service providers, including liaising with external service providers on AML/KYC issues.
- To create, update and maintain existing internal compliance and risk policies and to assist with continual evaluation and improvement of such policies to comply with the relevant licensing frameworks as well as to streamline internal business processes.
- Monitor developments in the regulatory and compliance space, with a focus on financial technology, digital assets, DLT, securities law as it pertains to digital assets, and to assist in assessment of implications/impacts on product and service offerings.
- Assist with day-to-day legal/compliance activities.
- Degree or equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Analytical mindset and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Capability to adapt and willingness to learn in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to confidently communicate with and engage with stakeholders.
- Experience in legal, compliance and/or accounting roles.
- Strong familiarity with financial services regulatory work across capital markets and/or payments including the relevant regulations and processes.
- Industry and/or personal knowledge and interest in financial services, blockchain and/or DLT.
- Sense of humour :)
If this reads like your profile, please send your application with CV. Even if you're not there yet but still think you could be a good fit for our team, please contact us and we'll figure it out. Thank you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.