Brand Designer, Digital
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
This position will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Communication teams to define, build, maintain, and streamline DFINITY’s portfolio of sites. As a UX/UI and Brand Designer, you will be responsible for helping tell the DFINITY story and promoting the Internet Computer. You are passionate about new design trends in digital marketing and have a creative sensibility that extends across content genres. You should be well-versed in building strong cross-functional relationships in a fast-paced startup environment. You are self-motivated and eager to identify solutions in the face of challenges. This is an opportunity to join a bold and relentless team to help form the future of the brand and the Internet.
- Make an impact on design across DFINITY’s web properties including DFINITY.org, internetcomputer.org, digital publications, and other supporting sites
- Conceive and execute compelling design collateral that promotes the Internet Computer
- Be involved in the brand design process (research, ideation, design, and testing) and translate it for all our digital touchpoints.
- Maintain and evolve the creative process, asset management systems, toolkits, templates, guides, and DFINITY brand collateral
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the design team
- Organize and lead workshops, design reviews, interviews, and internal lessons
- 5+ years of experience designing brand/marketing websites and digital media
- Degree in graphic design, information design, communication design, web design, or relevant experience
- Mastery of current design processes, methodologies, and tools including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Miro, Keynote, etc.
- Strong eye for aesthetics and command of layout, iconography, typography, and information architecture
- Humble yet able to defend design decisions using data, user insights, a solid design philosophy, creative process and design handoff to engineering
- Ability to build user empathy and translate data to beautiful human-centered design
- A passion for exploring new design methods, processes, tools, and emerging technologies
- A portfolio showcasing marketing and brand case studies and process across many mediums
Bonus if you have:
- Participated in the greater design community through speaking, writing, hosting events, and showcasing work
- Experience maintaining a digital asset management system
- Bring life into 2D/3D graphics with your motion design skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Internet Computer