Engineering Manager, Blockchain
21.co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products. 21.co is the parent company of 21Shares and Amun, and its mission is to build bridges into the crypto world.
21Shares is the world’s largest issuer of cryptocurrency exchange traded products (ETPs) and is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties. 21Shares mission is to make crypto easy.
Amun is a blockchain infrastructure company focused on making purchasing crypto more accessible by offering a suite of tools for passive strategies across major DeFi platforms. Amun’s mission is to simplify your crypto journey.
The company was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder and is a global organization, with offices in Zurich and New York. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
About The Role:
We are looking for a talented, hands-on and experienced Engineering Manager, Blockchain to manage and grow a team of engineers for one of our various DeFi blockchain products. The project will be cutting edge and unique to the crypto industry. There will be massive opportunities to learn new technologies and skillsets, as well as the chance to develop, test, and maintain code for our mission-critical products.
Our culture is all about diversity, communication, collaboration and education. This manager will act as the face of this culture, working to streamline across geographies and teams.
This role will consist of a mix of hands-on, architecture, resource management and strategy responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Manage and oversee our Blockchain engineering team and platform, architecture and systems
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation and other written assets to document and explain the system design and functionality
- Help analyze and improve our existing Tokens platform either through iteration or a replatform
- Disciplined in good architectural and engineering practices
- Grow, manage, guide and mentor a team of cross-functional engineers across multiple disciplines
- 5+ years of engineering experience, specifically in blockchain/crypto
- 3+ years of managerial experience, leading teams of 3-5 engineers
- Experience leading an agile scrum team
- Demonstrated experience with engineering coaching, mentorship and conflict resolution
- Ability to work hands on in an agile environment and modern tech stack, as needed
- Experience developing APIs, backend microservices and database design
- Experience with front end technologies and frameworks
- Experience developing and expanding responsive and rich interactive web applications
- Experience designing, scaling and maintaining production content media sites
- Passionate about building high-quality well-tested code, at scale
- Has professional experience building blockchain technology and willing to learn and keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency continually
- Must be passionate about working with a growing team in an office environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
21.co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple, easy to use products.