Data Engineer (remote)
Founded in April 2018 and headquartered in Zug, SEBA Bank is a pioneer in the financial industry providing a seamless, secure and easy-to-use bridge between digital and traditional assets. As a smart bank SEBA Bank offers a fully universal suite of regulated banking services in the emerging digital economy. In August 2019, SEBA Bank received a Swiss banking and securities dealer licence – the first time a reputed, regulatory authority such as FINMA has granted a licence to a financial services provider with a core capability in digital assets. The broad, vertically integrated spectrum of services combined with the highest security standards, make SEBA Bank’s value proposition unique - this is why Banque de France selected SEBA Bank to test the integration of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). CVVC Global Report and CB Insights names SEBA Bank as Top 50 Companies within the blockchain ecosystem.
As part of our continued growth we are investing into the expansion of our data analytics capabilities and are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking and hands-on Data Engineer to drive and evolve our data capabilities. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to raise the organizational maturity from ad-hoc reporting to empowering employees and clients to take insights-driven business decisions. From a technology standpoint you will need to enhance as well as transform our data management and warehousing platform to orchestrate an increased data diversity as well as volumes alongside our cloud journey.
LOCATIONS: SPAIN / POLAND / PORTUGAL
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Data Engineer to join our team.
- Support the administration of the MS SQL Server (2019) and Azure SQL Server based Data Management Platform and Data Warehouse
- Further develop the Data Warehouse data model as well as associated ETL procedures
- Create and update data pipelines / stored procedures to move data between different databases
- Maintain a Data Catalog to support governance, understand lineage and through the right meta-data management promote business driven self-service
- Participate in cross-functional data initiatives
- Maintain cohesion within AD Groups
- Administrate access rights to Data sources (Power Bi Reports, Views, etc.)
- Help to visualize the current system landscape from a data perspective
- At least 2 year experience in the data domain in roles such as Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Database Administrator, or Data Architect
- Good knowledge in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Hands-on stored procedure programming expertise, preferably in T-SQL
- Cloud experience, preferably with the Microsoft Azure
- Strong team player, fostering relationships and cross-divisional interactions.
Nice to have
- Experience in working with analytics/reporting platforms, preferably PowerBI
- Experience in Azure Dev Ops, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Microsoft/Azure tool stack such as SSIS, T-SQL, PowerBI, Azure Data Factory/Purview/Synapse/ML
- Experience with open source software for Big Data & AI, e.g. Apache Spark/Storm/Hadoop/Flink/Atlas/Kafka, Tensorflow, Rasa, H2O, PyTorch, Keras etc.
- Experience with tick databases or similar to support reports updating in real time based on market data prices, orders, trades, etc.
- Experience with different kinds of databases such as NoSQL, Object- or Column-oriented
- Comprehensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle as well as strong Python programming skills
- Financial services background and passion to understand business needs and translate into insight generating solutions
- Experience with Pipeline management tools (Cockpit, Rundeck, Jenkins, Airflow, etc.)
If you are a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company in the blockchain/crypto industry, we encourage you to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.