Public Relations & Engagement Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
What we’re looking for:
An accomplished and experienced PR & Engagement Manager. Someone that is passionate about creating & sharing inspiring stories on this fascinating junction of technology and the greater good we find ourselves on at the Cardano Foundation.
Are you able to write compelling stories, cultivate relationships with the media and engage with a large audience? Do you know how to persuade a newspaper, influencer, broadcaster, politician or event organiser to listen to what Cardano does? Better yet: do you already have those relationships and know how to nurture them? Great! That means you designed impactful PR & communication initiatives in the past. And, most likely, it means you demonstrated a hands-on mentality with excellent interpersonal skills. If so: we encourage you to apply.
The Cardano Foundation’s PR & Engagement Manager will oversee all earned communication efforts across multiple channels. Globally. We’re looking for a multi- talent individual. Someone comfortable with sharing their thinking about blockchain’s added value to the world. Someone that understands media– both today’s and tomorrow’s.
Above all: we hope you’re a creative problem solver and project manager that helps convey our mission to the broader public. A creative thinker and shaper. Passionate about making a difference. A decent understanding on how digital technology’s benefits can be translated into clear and compelling stories.
The ideal candidate has experience within the finance and/or blockchain industry and, obviously, a strong affinity for tech. In return, we offer you the freedom to design your ideal approaches to solving a plethora or various PR & comms puzzles.
A very stimulating (remote) working environment where you’ll work with people that are social, intelligent, highly motivated and based all around the world. (Oh, and did we mention excellent growth opportunities? We’re growing like mad!)
The job in bullet points:
- We’re constantly launching new stuff or collaborations with governments, NGO’s or enterprises and we want to spread those stories far and wide. So we need your help to push anything from announcements, partnerships, new initiatives, technology launches, thought leadership pieces, speeches, et cetera
- This means you’ll be developing smart outreach plans and strategic PR initiatives, but also steer journalists to our team, and put out fires regularly.
- You'll monitor press coverage; using snappy KPIs and analytics tools for regular reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and respond to incoming media inquiries with charm and wit
- Write copy and edit owned content to ensure a cohesive brand voice and narrative – together with our Digital team. Bonus points if you can dabble in Photoshop or Canva to work with existing templates
- Work in cross-functional and cross organizational agile teams (together with our sister organisation IOHK)
- You’ll create talking points for the Cardano Foundation’s CEO and hopefully start functioning as our own spokesperson yourself (developing speeches, Q&As, storyboards etc.)
Some more bullet points on what we look for in the ideal candidate:
- Superb writing and editing skills in English
- The ability to identify emerging media or tech trends and create strong narratives
- Proven work experience as a PR and Communications Director, Manager or similar role– preferably in the prosocial or tech world, with a strong portfolio of earned media work showing creative approaches to puzzling puzzles and devilish dilemmas
- A solid network of journalists from key media titles that can look beyond “Crypto is a fad” mentality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with confidence to act as spokesperson
- Ability to quickly comprehend a breadth of information and simplify the communication
- Collaborative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Sound time management and project management skills (did we say high-paced?)
- Team player with a track record of working effectively with international teams and different stakeholders
Your key competencies:
- You have knowledge of the blockchain landscape and technology. (Blockchain can seem a bit like a rabbit hole, we know. But at least a basic knowledge really is required)
- You feel comfortable working in a decentralized environment where we eat pizza in front of our webcams occasionally
- You are focused on achieving goals in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment
- You have sharp analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills when it comes to PR and narratives
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and understand users’ behaviour
If the above sounds exciting, we would love to receive your application.
We particularly invite women and people of color to apply. We believe the blockchain space (and the broader world of digital tech) will benefit immensely from a multitude of new perspectives to shape this environment.
For this role, we do only accept applications from residents in Switzerland, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Germany, California, Canada & Russia.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future, based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talents! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
- Day off on your birthday, as you should be celebrating your special day
Your application has been successfully submitted.