This job is no longer accepting applications.
SWITZERLAND /LEGAL /FULL-TIME
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
What we’re looking for:
The Cardano Foundation is searching for a German speaking General Counsel to drive and support on a wide range of challenging topics related to the decentralized technologies, as well as ensuring overall compliance within the regulatory framework for Swiss foundations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to Foundation management and council.
- Navigate and understand the Swiss legal landscape of new and emerging technologies.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and apply existing Swiss, European and International laws and compliance standards to future technologies.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of documents including, grants contracts, professional services, internal policies, employment agreements and service agreements.
- Review and support on commercial agreements (e.g. software development agreements and NDAs).
- Prepare and manage other regulatory required documents related to the ongoing operations of a Swiss foundation.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
What we look for in you:
- Swiss Accredited lawyer (Masters in Law, Swiss Bar Accreditation or significant demonstrated experience with Swiss law).
- Minimum 4 years work experience as an in-house lawyer in a startup, corporate legal function and/or for startups within a Swiss law firm.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a Swiss foundation and demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity and sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Familiarity with or a strong interest in blockchain, decentralized technologies and related legal issues.
- Experience with contract negotiation and drafting and ability to juggle multiple projects, quickly learn and adapt to new subjects and legal topics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong written and communication skills in German and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
If you are excited about working in a startup environment, taking ownership and being part of a highly motivated team with a passion for blockchain and decentralized open-source networks, we would like to receive your application.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future, based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talents! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
- Day off on your birthday, as you should be celebrating your special day
Your application has been successfully submitted.